iOS5 Compatibility - Please see Messages+
Commercial App ($6.99) + Free Trial
Best Text From Anywhere App
** BEST SMS COMPOSE AND REPLY APP ***
Ever get annoyed when you're using your phone and an SMS message pops up right over the main part of the screen - requiring you to press close/reply? And as text messages are typically responded to immediately, it's frustrating that you have to wait 5-10 seconds for the SMS app to open! Oh - and did we mention how ugly those alert pop ups were?
Enter Tlert - SMS the way it should be. With less interference on your screen, a more pleasing UI, and LANDSCAPE replies from any app, including the Lock Screen!
- Compose an SMS to anyone from any app!
- Reply to any message from any app!
- "Shelf" messages onto status bar. Double tap status bar to return to messages
- Send and View Video or Picture (MMS) messages in conversation mode
- Smaller real estate taken up on incoming SMS
- More pleasing UI - with colors you can choose from!
- Respond to a text message without closing out of the app you may be working in
- Landscape SMS - faster and easier to type your Texts
- Integrates with native iPhone SMS App
- Won't show if new message is part of viewing conversation
- Message will show if not in current conversation.
Tlert uses ViewThrough Patent Pending Technology for alerting users of new events and information.
Now Cydia Store Exclusive
Tlert now uses Cydia Store exclusively for purchases/license management. If you have previously purchased via Rock, please create a Cydia Store login to transfer your licenses.
4.8.3 Updates (8/31/11)
- Fix for keyboard showing on SpringBoard after letting phone sleep while in conversation mode
- Fix for “Done” button in conversation mode
- Fix for scroll for reply text field
- Fixed loading of messages when Winterboard added Background Image view
- Selection of name while composing a new SMS via Tlert now jumps to text entry area.
- New: Tlert waits a minute on lockscreen before allowing screen off when typing
- Fix: Reply gets interrupted on new text received while on lockscreen
- Fix: Double tap on status bar does not work inside an application
- Fix: Compose does not work inside some applications
- Fix: Mark read sometimes doesn't mark all messages in conversation as read
- Updated: Conversation view marks all message as read on read - new "back" button takes back to tlert bubbles, done now removes message from tlert list
- Fix: Autocorrect view now on top of message entry
- Removed: Confirm Sound option removed (uses phone defaults)
- Fix: Keyboard may stay on top even when tlert is completed
- Fix: Volume Down/Up still activated Tlert Compose.
- Replying to a message and receiving an incoming call resulted in keyboard stuck over call
- Disabled "Show on lockscreen" resulted in unresponsive keyboard
- Fixed iBlacklist integration
- Shelf icon sometimes appearing on screen when no tlert
- Silent switch does not show on first change
- Delay Lockscreen shutoff when typing - Remove reply bubble on incoming text (sporadic)
- Separated 3.x and 4.x libraries (new updates will be for 4.x only) - New backend design to remediate all conflicts with other apps, SpringBoard keyboards, Rotation, etc. - Added "Shelf" feature to allow you to place messages onto status bar, and double tap to return - All known bugs fixed
- Fix for tlert causing SpringBoard Status Bar to rotate on occassion
- Recent lists shows correct phone # from contact (previously used first phone # on contact instead of one actually used)
- History view now working on 4.2.1
- When in SMS app and texting user – will always not show tlert if you receive a message from that contact currently viewing (previously worked until phone was locked)
- Sound not playing on 4.2.1
- Sometimes Tlert jumps back to recipient field right after selecting recipient
- Sporadically Tlert msg might get stuck
- Text Message Sounds on 4.2.1
- iOS 4.2.1 Compatibility
- Recent Recipients list shows up when composing
- Fix for crash when composing 2 back to back msgs
- Fix for Rotated contact image on i4
- Fix for landscape keyboard in conversation/compose (only portrait supported at this time)
- Reply Count/Label uses font color of reply (less alpha)
- Fix for sending messages in native SMS app doesn't play sent sound
- Fix for replying to message in conversation view, receive new message, and sending reply back to original message
- iOS 4.0 Support
- Support for History/Conversation Mode
- Support for MMS
- Quick Compose
- Fixed Scrolling while typing
- Fix Rotation Sensitivity
- Moved to MobileSubstrate
- Moved to run inside SpringBoard
More Apps By Intelliborn
Tlert FAQs / Support
Follow Intelliborn on Twitter
: Please take advantage of our free trial on all Intelliborn products and only purchase after fully satisfied.
As Apple continually changes the underlying API's our products use, we can not guarantee support on all versions of iOS nor future upgrades. Intelliborn reserves the right to discontinue product support at any time. Please see product license agreement for full details.